Pie crust can be challenging. I found a way to substitute Duncan Hines cake mix for my crust. Easy peasy!
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease 9" springform pan. Reserve 1 cup of cake mix.
- Mix remaining cake mix with flour, butter and egg. Spread in pan.
- Mix pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar, milk, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.Pour mixture over crust.
- Mix reserved cake mix,sugar and cinnamon.Add butter and cut with a fork.Add chopped nuts-Sprinkle mixture over top of filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, until the top is set and lightly browned. Let the cake cool for at least 2 hours.