A Canadian treat for Easter morning!
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease a 9 inch round cake pan
- cook bacon until lightly browned but still soft.
- Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Place the bacon on the bottom of the greased cake pan, overlapping slices as necessary to fit. Sprinkle the bacon strips with the brown sugar.
- Combine the prepared cake batter and maple syrup in a large bowl, mixing well.
- Pour the batter over the brown sugar and bacon in the cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes.
- Cool cake slightly and remove from pan by inverting onto a serving platter. Cut into wedges to serve.