From Scratch Pumpkin Pie tarts with pomegranate inside and on top. With whipping cream on top. The pomegranate juice on the whipped cream looks like blood running down the sides.
Cooking the Pumpkin:
- - cut the pumpkin in half, scoop out the seeds and gunk and remove stem
- -cut the pumpkin rind into small pieces
- -place in microwaveable safe container with a small amount of water
- -cook for 15 minutes on high in the microwave, check to see if it is soft, then put it back in until it is soft enough to scoop the innards out.
- -when soft with a fork scrap out as much of the stringy innards as you can
- -puree the innards until smooth
- -mix in all pie filling ingredients
- -mix ingredients together and roll till a medium thickness
- -cut out approx 2 inch circles and place in a non stick muffin tray
- - place pumpkin pie mix into and place in pomegranate seeds into mix
- Bake at 425 F (210 C ) for the first 15 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 350 F ( 175 C ) and bake another 45 to 60 minutes, until a clean knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- When cooled for about 30 minutes, place whipped cream on top and sprinkle with pomegranates on top and drizzle some juice on top as well.