Little juice crystal houses, complete with tea set, occupants, and vines, or made special by your imagination. Decorated with Duncan Hines, full of Vitamin C.
- Pour 75g dry juice crystals into a sealable bowl. Drip 30 drops of water randomly over the top. Do not pour the water or the juice crystals will dissolve. I use a small turkey baster or craft bottle. Shake to coat the droplets. Smush with a spoon until fine, then cover and shake.
- Press the crystals at least ¼” thick into a mold. Press it in as hard as you can. Set it out to dry.
- The next day, carefully tap the top of the mold and squeeze it gently to release the crystal egg. Let it dry a few days more so it’s solid.
- Because you’re carving, the crystal egg should be thick and dry. The more cutting you do, the more likely the egg will break or crumble so be careful, and a word to the wise press and dry a few eggs at the same time so you have replacement pieces.
- Very gently chip away doors, windows & stairs. Stand the bottom on icing on paper, let dry, turn over, let dry.
- Some pieces like tables, chairs, ladders, flowerpots or whatever your imagination creates… can be made out of icing on a piece of wax paper, dried, then added carefully to your masterpiece. Again, make replacements.
- Decorate the inside. Don’t seal the edge if you want to show off by lifting the roof.