Delightful little Easter decor, surrounded by a crystal egg made, full of vitamin C and decorated with Duncan Hines.
- Pour 75g dry juice crystals into a sealable bowl. Drip 30 drops of water randomly over the top. Do not pour the water or the juice crystals will dissolve. I use a small turkey baster or craft bottle. Shake to coat the droplets. Smush with a spoon until fine, then cover and shake.
- Press the crystals at least ¼” thick into a mold. Press it in as hard as you can. Set it out to dry.
- The next day, carefully tap the top of the mold and squeeze it gently to release the crystal egg. Let it dry a few days more so it’s solid.
- Get a lengthwise egg mold. Fill one half. Let dry. Remove from mold. Let dry some more.
- Using Duncan Hines Icing, make a figure to sit in the crèche. If it’s long, let it dry a day or two, then turn it over and press a toothpick down its length. Let both sides dry.
- Secure your figure into the crystal egg with a little icing, then decorate the edges.
- To stand it up, place a little icing on a piece of wax paper, sit the crèche in it, and prop it up with a small hard object behind it.