Fun to make and decorate, these adorable reindeer cake pops make a fun holiday treat for kids.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) for metal and glass pan (or 325°F/160°C for dark or coated pan). Grease sides and bottom of 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking pan; dust lightly with flour.
- Blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake immediately.
- Bake for 23 to 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes; transfer directly to rack and let cool completely.
- Crumble 5 cups (1.25 L) cake (reserve remaining cake for another use).
- Place cake crumbles in large bowl. Beat in frosting, Pudding Cup, cinnamon and nutmeg until dough starts to form. Shape into 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) balls and transfer to parchment paper–lined tray. Freeze for about 15 minutes or until firm.
- Stir coconut oil into melted candy melts; dip tips of lollipop sticks into mixture and insert into each ball. Freeze for about 5 minutes or until set. Dip cake pops into remaining candy melt mixture, gently shaking excess back into bowl; place in plastic foam to stand upright.
- Decorate cake pops to resemble reindeer with candy eyes, red candy for nose and pretzels for antlers. Let stand until set.
- Tip: Chocolate lovers can substitute Devil’s Food Cake Mix for Duncan Hines® French Vanilla Cake Mix.