It's your favourite red velvet cake in a pie crust and topped with rich chocolate -- what could be better?
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 8 or 9-inch pie pans*. Roll out crusts and press into prepared pie pans.
- Combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pans. If desired, brush crusts with egg wash.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crusts are golden brown and toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. (Wrap edges of pie crust with foil if crust begins to get to dark.)
- Cool cakes completely on wire rack.
- Combine butter, chocolate chips (reserve ½ cup for garnish) and condensed milk in medium saucepan over medium heat stirring until smooth; let cool slightly. Evenly pour over cakes. Sprinkle with reserved chocolate chips. Cool completely before serving.
- *If using dark coated pie pans, preheat oven to 325°F and bake an additional 3 to 5 minutes.