Guests are bound to be delighted with a delicious bowl of Peaches & Crème Trifle.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, 325°F for dark or coated pans. Grease and flour a 9"x13” baking pan.
- Prepare yellow cake mix and pour cake batter into prepared pans and bake.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- While cake is in the oven, put both tubs of cool whip in a large bowl with the cinnamon. Using a spatula, mix until thoroughly combined. Put in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the trifle.
- Peel the peaches using a paring knife and cut in half to remove the pits. Cut each half into ¼” slices. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Roughly chop the almonds.
- Once cake is completely cool, cut into 1" cubes. Line up cubed cake, cinnamon cool whip mixture, sliced peaches and chopped almonds.
- In a large glass trifle dish (or two smaller Tupperware containers), layer the cake on the bottom. Spread ⅓ of the cinnamon cool whip mixture on top of the cake. Lay ½ the sliced peaches next, then sprinkle ⅓ cup of the chopped almonds.
- Repeat the layering process in step 8 one more time and finish with the last ⅓ of the cinnamon cool whip on top, garnishing with the last ⅓ cup of toasted almonds.
- Serve immediately or cover and put in the refrigerator.