This is a fun project brought to you by "Hello, Cupcake!" Give your “pups” a reason to lick the plate clean: marshmallows, jellybeans, and chocolate and vanilla frosting… need we say more?
- Spoon ¼ cup of the vanilla frosting into a freezer bag. Press out the excess air and seal the bag. Spoon the dark chocolate frosting into a ziplock bag. Press out the excess air and seal the bag.
- Tint the remaining vanilla frosting with the cocoa powder.
- Cut a ¼" slice, crosswise, from the end of a marshmallow. Cut the slice in half crosswise (this will be the ears). Trim a ¼" from one edge of the remaining piece of marshmallow (this will be the muzzle). Repeat with the remaining marshmallows.
- Cut the fruit chews in quarters. Form 1 piece into a tear drop shape for the tongue. Press a knife onto the centre of it, lengthwise, to create a crease, and pinch one end. Repeat with the remaining pieces.
- Spread a thin layer of the light brown frosting on top of a cupcake. Place the marshmallow muzzle on the cupcake, straight side closest to the edge. Arrange the 2 smaller marshmallow pieces, straight edge into the frosting, near the opposite edge as the ears.
- Snip small corners from the bags with the frostings. With the light brown frosting, pipe small spikes radiating outward around the bottom edge of cupcake. Pipe several overlapping rows of frosting to cover the marshmallow muzzle, adding a some of the dark chocolate frosting as well.
- Starting from the top of the cupcake repeat piping with overlapping rows of light brown and dark chocolate frosting to cover the marshmallow ears. Pipe small spikes of frosting at the top of the cupcake.
- Pipe 2 small dots of vanilla frosting above the muzzle and add the brown candies for the eyes. Pipe a white highlight on each eye to add sparkle.
- Add the fruit chew tongue under the muzzle. Press the black jellybean crosswise on top of the muzzle for the nose. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes and candies.