This toffee chocolate monkey bread will drive you bananas! Made with Duncan Hines Whipped Chocolate frosting and toffee bars, you’ll be howling for more.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle or dough hook, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk.
- Add cake mix, flour, egg yolks, salt and 2 tbsp. softened butter.
- Mix on medium until a soft dough forms.
- Place in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 1 hour.
- Grease an 8" or 9" cake pan and pour ¼ cup melted butter in the bottom.
- Sprinkle the bottom with the ⅓ cup of brown sugar.
- Once the dough has risen slightly, divide dough into 24 equal pieces. This is best done by rolling the dough into two logs of equal size and cutting those logs into 12 pieces each.
- Place the ⅓ cup melted butter in a shallow dish and the 1 cup of brown sugar on a plate
- Roll each piece of dough first in the butter and then in the sugar.
- Place the coated dough balls in one layer in the bottom of the cake pan.
- Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with the chopped toffee candy bar pieces and bake at 300°F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Flip out the monkey bread onto the serving plate.
- While the monkey bread is still hot, spread the whipped chocolate frosting on top and let drip down the sides.
- Top with toasted almond slivers and serve warm