With layers of chocolate flavour, these decadent cake pops are for real chocolate lovers.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) for metal and glass pan (or 325°F/160°C for dark or coated pan). Grease and flour sides and bottom of 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) baking pan.
- Using electric mixer, in large bowl, mix together cake mix, 1 cup (250 mL) water, oil and ground flax seeds at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake immediately. Bake for 23 to 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes; transfer directly to rack and let cool completely.
- Crumble 5 cups (1.25 L) cake (reserve remaining cake for another use).
- Place cake crumbles in large bowl. Beat in frosting, Pudding Cup, cinnamon and nutmeg until dough starts to form. Shape into 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) balls and transfer to parchment paper–lined tray. Freeze for about 15 minutes or until firm.
- In small bowl, stir 2 tsp (10 mL) coconut oil into melted dark chocolate; dip tips of lollipop sticks into mixture and insert into each ball. Freeze for about 5 minutes or until set. Dip cake pops into remaining melted chocolate mixture, gently shaking excess back into bowl; place in plastic foam to stand upright.
- Melt dark chocolate chips with remaining coconut oil. Drizzle over cake pops; sprinkle with coconut flakes and chocolate sprinkles.
Substitute chopped hazelnuts or almonds for coconut if desired.