Oozing with chocolate, these rich lava cakes will win rave reviews.
- Dollop 24 tablespoonfuls of Chocolate Frosting onto parchment paper–lined baking tray. Freeze for at least 1 hour or until completely frozen. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) for metal muffin pan (325°F/165°C for dark or coated muffin pans). Grease 24 muffin cups and coat with sugar; set aside.
- Using electric mixer on low speed, blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs for about 30 seconds or until moistened; beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cups. Press frozen dollop of frosting and truffle into centre of each cake. Bake immediately in centre of oven for 22 to 25 minutes (add 3 to 5 minutes to baking time for dark or coated pans).
- Let cool in pans on rack for 10 minutes. Invert lava cakes onto baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, whip cream with icing sugar until stiff peaks start to form.
- Serve cakes warm with dollop of whipped cream. Garnish with Easter sprinkles and candy eggs.
- Tip: Alternatively, serve with a scoop of ice cream.