A new spin on a popular dessert – these cotton candy frosting cake pops are bunches of bite-sized fun.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Prepare and Bake cake mix according to package directions with water, oil and eggs.
- Crumble cake into large bowl. Stir in 1 cup vanilla frosting until combined.
- Shape mixture into (48) balls and place on sheet pan lined with waxed paper. Chill 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dip tips of lollipop sticks into melted white chocolate and insert into centre of cake balls; chill 15 minutes.
- Combine cotton candy and water in large microwave-safe bowl until dissolved. Add remaining frosting and blend well. Microwave on High 10-15 seconds; stir until smooth.
- Dip each cake ball into melted blue frosting. Insert stick into Styrofoam block, and continue dipping remaining cake pops. Sprinkle with decorating sugar.
- Baking Tip: Use the tip of a butter knife to create a swirled pattern on the dipped cake pop.