This stunning trifle is bursting with the delicious flavours of candy cane, coffee, red velvet cake, vanilla pudding and white chocolate peppermint mousse.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) for metal or glass pans (325°F/165°C for dark or coated pans). Grease bottom and sides of two 9-inch (23 cm) round cake pans; flour lightly.
- Using electric mixer at low speed, blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs for about 30 seconds or until moistened; beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; bake immediately in centre of oven for 22 to 27 minutes (add 3 to 5 minutes to baking time for dark or coated pans) or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans on rack for 15 minutes. Transfer cakes directly to rack; let cool completely. Cut cakes into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes.
- Stir together coffee and sugar; let cool completely.
- Place white chocolate chips in heatproof bowl. Heat 2/3 cup (150 mL) cream in saucepan set over medium heat until just starting to simmer; pour over chocolate chips. Let stand for 1 minute; whisk until smooth. Stir in mint extract. Let cool to room temperature.
- Whip remaining cream until stiff peaks start to firm; fold into white chocolate mixture. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In 10-cup (2.5 L) trifle dish, layer one-third of the white chocolate mixture and one-quarter of the cake cubes. Drizzle generously with coffee. Add 1 Snack Pack pudding, spreading to edge. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining cake cubes. Drizzle with remaining coffee.
- Spoon cream cheese frosting over top; smooth top. Garnish with candy canes, red and white candies and shards of white chocolate candy cane bark.
- Tip: Spike coffee with your favourite liqueur if desired.