These hand pies are made with delicious cake mix pastry and plump blueberries— the perfect to-go treat for your next picnic.
- Mix cake mix, eggs and butter in a large bowl until a dough is formed.
- Dust your work surface with flour to prevent sticking and roll out dough.
- Press a bowl or large glass firmly into the pastry to create circles. Repeat until all pastry is used.
- Place cut out pastry onto prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon on blueberry filling on one side of each circle, avoiding the edges. Don’t overfill or the pie may split.
- Brush egg wash around the edges, fold and seal using a fork. Brush egg wash on top of each pie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Tip: Divide the dough in half to make it easier to handle.