Fool your family today by serving them hard boiled eggs for dessert… then watch their faces as they peel open a mini cake!
- Tap a small hole in the bottom of each egg and allow the insides to come out. We suggest using a chopstick to help.
- Rinse the inside of each empty eggshell.
- Soak all the eggshells in salt water for 30 minutes.
- Remove the eggshells from water and let them dry for about 15 minutes.
- Using aluminum foil, create little “nests” in a cupcake pan.
- Place an eggshell in each nest with the hole facing upwards.
- Prepare cake batter according to box steps.
- Using a piping bag, fill each eggshell ¾ with the cake batter.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Use a knife to peel off any excess cake around the eggshell.
- Cool. Peel. And enjoy!