Easy to make, these fun ice cream sandwiches with chocolate and cherries will be a hit with any crowd.
- Preheat oven to 350°F for metal and glass pan(s) (or 325°F for dark or coated pans).
- Grease and line two 9-inch square cake pans with enough parchment paper to overhang edges; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs, one at a time, until blended. Stir in cake mix until combined. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans.
- Bake in center of oven for 12 to 15 minutes (or 14 to 17 minutes for dark or coated pans) or until top is set and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely in pans on rack; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat together vanilla pudding and sweetened condensed milk until blended. Fold in whipped topping. Stir in cherries and chocolate.
- Spread pudding mixture evenly over one of the cookies in pan. Cap with remaining cookie, pressing lightly so that cookie adheres to pudding mixture. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze for 2 to 4 hours or until firm.
- Transfer to cutting board; remove parchment paper. Cut into 8 to 10 bars. Freeze in airtight container until ready to serve.
If cherries are not in season, substitute frozen pitted cherries or jarred pitted cherries that have been drained well.