Fun and delicious pops with yummy cake and frosting, decorated for Easter (or any occasion) and enjoyed by friends and family aged 1-101!
- 1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Use 9x13" pan to bake and use the baking instructions on the box. Let cake cool completely and crumble with clean fingers (or this is a fun job for the kids)
- 2. In a bowl, mix together cake crumbs and 1/3-1/2 of frosting (depending on the humidity in your home). Mixture should not be too very sticky and it's best to start with 1/3 of the can and add extra a teaspoon at a time.
- 3. Line a baking sheet with a cooling rack. With your hands, mould balls of cake mixture and either form egg-shaped balls or ovals with one flattened end (for either chicks or bunnies). When all are formed, insert lollipop sticks into the formed 'balls'. Refrigerate.
- 4. Prepare candies or sprinkles in individual small bowls to be immediately accessible.
- 5. In microwave or in double boiler, melt the baking wafers.
- 6. Remove rack from fridge and one by one dip the cake eid into the melted wafers and place on rack to drain excess and decorate with candy or sprinkles.
- 7. Using cut marshmallows for ears, candies for eyes/nose, mini marshmallow for tail...or on the egg shaped ones stick the sprinkles/candies to 'decorate' the eggs. *this step must be done after each shape is dipped so the candy sticks to the shape.
- 8. Dry on the racks. These look adorable poked into a halved watermelon (if doing this, pre-poke the holes into the rind of the watermelon) or in a large clean flowerpot filling with floral oasis and Easter grass. Fabulous centrepiece!