For a spooky Halloween party or a dazzling centre piece, try these cupcakes with a spiderweb theme. Impress your guests or little ones with these elegant cupcakes that spin spiderwebs throughout.
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Line muffin tins with large baking cups. Make cake mix according to directions & fill each baking cup a little over 2/3 full ( want a larger muffin top). Bake 17 - 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Draw a spiderweb template. You need 2 1/2 spiderwebs for each cupcake. On a cookie sheet place the template & then a sheet of waxpaper.
- Melt the chocolate wafers & then fill a pastry bag or a freezer bag (sniped at one end) ...let cool slightly. Trace over the spiderweb template with melted chocolate making a few at a time & refrigerate. Once cooled remove the spiderwebs from the waxpaper gently & keep in fridge till needed.
- Cut each cupcake in half & spread both top & bottom with vanilla frosting but only do 1 cupcake at a time.
- Place 1 spiderweb on a plate. Place bottom half of cupcake on 1st spiderweb & add some frosting on top to secure the 2nd spiderweb. On top of 2nd spiderweb add the top half of the iced cupcake & make a small slit towards the back of the cupcake. Place 1/2 a spiderweb in each slit.
- Decorate each cupcake with gummy worms.