Spice Cupcakes with Maple Candied Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place cupcake liners in muffin tin.
- Prepare batter according to package directions.
- Fill cupcake liners to no more than 2/3 full and bake.
- Cool completely before icing with the home-style buttercream.
- Toast walnuts in a pan on medium for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour maple syrup into the pan, stirring frequently and reduce until the syrup becomes quite sticky.
- Place candied walnuts on a plate to cool.
- Dip iced cupcakes into the candied walnuts.