Moist delicious lemon cupcake with a homemade raspberry filling then topped with a homemade raspberry buttercream.
- In mixer add box of cake mix, sugar, flour and salt.
- In seperate bowl add egg whites,sour cream,milk extracts and oil
- Mix dry ingrediants and slowly add the wet ingrediants and blend on med speed for 2 minutes.
- Scoop into muffin pan add a tsp of the raspberry filling and bake at 325 celcius for 18-20 minutes.
- add all ingrediants into a pot, bring to boil over med-high heat then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat(you may strain out the rasp seeds if you wish) and slowly wisk in the dissolved cornstarch then place back on heat for about 5 minutes constantly stirring.
- Allow to cool
- Buttercream icing
- Add shortening and softened butter to mixer and beat well until combined. Add 1/2 of the cream and continue mixing until smooth. Slowly add all of the powdered sugar until well blended. Add remaining cooled raspberry filling into the icing and beat well.
- Once cupcakes have been cooled, ice in a swirl on top using your raspberry buttercream and serves.