These Fun and Scary Halloween Cupcakes are easy to make and so much fun to decorate with the entire family. With some Halloween candies and colour icing, you can decorate the cupcakes to your own Halloween whimsical designs like a ghost, jack o'lantern, monster, RIP tombstone, red veined eyeball, spider web and spider, worms crawling from the ground and so much more! And yummy to eat!
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 deg F.
- 2. Place 24 paper cupcake liners in cupcake tins.
- 3. Prepare the cake according to the directions on cake mix box.
- 4. Let cool on a wire rack.
- 5. Stir the tub of frosting and spread the tops of the cooled cupcakes with the icing. Spread to smooth into a flat surface.
- 1. Use the black icing to draw a ghost and dot the eyes and mouth.
- 2. Use orange icing to draw a pumpkin shape. Decorate the eyes with black icing as shown in picture.
- 3. Use a variation of candies to make eyes and nose. Then use the candied corn as teeth.
- 4. Use the black icing to make a tombstone shape, and write RIP in the middle.
- 5. Use the red icing gel to make veins and use the black to draw an oval eye shape. Then place a candy in the middle to make an eye.
- 6. Use orange icing to make 3 concentric circles. Starting in the middle, drag a wooden skewer to the edge to make a spider web design. Place a black jelly bean in the middle for the body of the spider. Use black icing to make 6 legs from the jelly bean.
- 7. Sprinkle chocolate sprinkles on the icing, and stick gummy worms in the cake to make them appear to be crawling out from the ground.
- 8. Write "Boo" with black icing and "!" in red icing gel.
- Use your imagination to make any Halloween design and have fun. Place the decorated Fun and Scary Halloween cupcakes on a platter and enjoy your creations!