Beautiful Royal Icing Butterfles on top of your favorite Duncan Hines cupcakes
- Mix ingredients for butterflies adding more or less icing sugar depending on how thick you need the icing. Hint: you will need thick icing for the outine and runny icing for filling in.
- Seperate icing into seperate bowls and tint with your choice of colors
- Trace butterfly wing shapes on wax paper using thick icing. Make each wing a seperate piece.
- Fill in outlines with thinner icing.
- Allow to dry several hours or overnight.
- Next day: Make cupcakes according to directions on the box, set aside to cool
- Ice cupcakes with your Duncan Hines Icing.
- Place one or two chocolate chips under each wing to hold upright, arrange butterflies on cupcakes.
- Add extra Duncan Hines icing for supports and butterfly bodies.