These are fudge marble cupcakes with chocolate macaroon bird nests on top.
- Prepare cupcakes according to instructions on cake box. Easter themed liners are a great idea!
- While cupcakes are cooking make macaroons. Put cocoa,butter,milk and sugar in a medium size pot.
- Bring to a boil for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add the vanilla, oats, and coconut. Mix well.
- Place heaping tablespoons of macaroon mixture onto wax paper,and by using either a spoon or your fingers (mixture will still be quite warm) quickly shape into birds nests.( a little smaller then the top of the cupcakes)
- When cupcakes are cooked and have cooled for about 5 minutes,place a nest on top of each cupcake.This works best when macaroon mixture is still warm, as it will stick to the cupcake. If needed use a little icing to help stick nest to cupcake.
- Put icing in a small bowl, using a toothpick add leaf green icing paste a little at a time until the icing is the shade of grass.
- Using a decorating tip, #134, #233 or one of your choice, make grass all around the nest.
- Place candy eggs in the nests, apply a little icing to the bottom of the eggs to make them stick.( 1 to 3 eggs per nest)
- Enjoy! Happy Easter!!