These are the favorite Cupcakes of my kids. They love to see the color of the smarties melting into the cupcakes :) Sometime, they choose the color of the smarties for an occasion, like Easter, or Valentine day, or Mother day or Christmas. It's always a pleasure to cook Duncan Hines recipe and imagine with the kids new recipes to do :) Good time in family to past
- (Same instructions as on the box) but before putting it to the stove, add a few smarties over the dough, you will discover nice color all over the cupcakes
- 1.Prep: PREHEAT oven to 350°F or 325°F for dark or coated pans*. GREASE sides and bottom of each pan with shortening. FLOUR lightly. (Use baking cups for cupcakes).
- 2.Mix: BLEND dry mix, water, oil and egg whites in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). BEAT at medium speed for 2 minutes. POUR batter in pans and bake immediately.
- 3.Bake: BAKE following chart below. *Add 3-5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pans. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. COOL in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- •24 Cupcakes: 18-21 minutes
- Kids can Cream the Cupcakes with a small scoop of whipped fluffy White or Chocolat frosting with ONE smarties on the top