These are my favorite at Christmas time!!! They are so moist and yummy.
- Make Duncan Hines Chocolate cupcake mix as directed on the box.
- beat softened butter on medium speed with an electric mixer
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar, cream, peppermint extract, and food coloring.
- Increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes. Add more powdered sugar if frosting is too thin (up to 4 cups) or more cream if mixture is too thick.
- Add salt if the frosting is too sweet.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.