Love pumpkin pie or just looking for a fun Halloween themed treat? Well, look no further, I've got you covered. This recipe takes pumpkin pie to a whole new form of deliciousness - cupcake style. You can serve it as is, or you can add a few little garnishes to make it even more Halloween-ey.
- Preheat your oven as directed on Duncan Hines White Cake Mix package.
- Add eggs and oil as directed on Duncan Hines White Cake Mix package EXCEPT for the water. Instead of the water, add one cup of Pure Pumpkin & 1/3 of a cup of Milk. Add 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Ginger and a pinch of Ground Cloves. Mix the ingredients together until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into your cupcake liners and bake as directed on the package. Once they are done baking, let them cool completely.
- For the icing, mix in 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon into your Duncan Hines Chocolate Icing and mix well. Spread your chocolate cinnamon icing on top of your cupcake.
- Dip your cupcake icing side down into the pie crumbs. And that's it! You can serve them as is or add a fun garnish. I used a Chocolate Decorator to create my own spooky chocolate shapes and made a spooky pumpkin patch seen with a couple of candy pumpkins.