This zippy cupcake is fun and flavourful. It's so light and refreshing that you'll catch your friends, and even yourself, sneaking a second for good measure. You can make this recipe with a few twists, like adding Coconut or Lemon Curd to the icing, but here's how I made this perfect Easter treat! * White Cake Mix (plus ingredients to make the cake...usually eggs, oil, and wa
- Follow the directions of your White Cake Mix
- Add 1/2 cup of Lemon Curd and 1/3 cup of Sweetened Coconut Flakes and mix it into the batter until fully incorporated.
- Bake as directed on the package and cool..
- Mix together vanilla icing and butter and mix until smooth. Feel free to add in some Coconut and or Lemon Curd to flavour your icing. Give your icing a taste and if it's too buttery for your liking, add in some icing sugar.
- Spread Lemon Curd over the top and spoon icing over top of the Lemon Curd.
- Take the back of your spoon, press it gently into the icing and lift it quickly to make spikes that look like meringue. Sprinkle with the rest of your Coconut and you're done! For added class, you can toast your Coconut before sprinkling it over the top.