These pretty rose cupcakes in pastel colours are the perfect addition to any Easter gathering.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) for metal muffin pans (325°F/165°C for dark or coated muffin pans). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Using electric mixer on low speed, blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs for about 30 seconds or until moistened; beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pans; bake immediately in center of oven for 16 to 19 minutes (add 3 to 5 minutes to baking time for dark or coated pans) or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans on rack for 15 minutes. Transfer cupcakes directly to rack; let cool completely.
- Divide frosting among 3 bowls; stir pink food colouring into one bowl, yellow food colouring into another bowl, and orange food colouring into remaining bowl.
- Spoon one colour of frosting into piping bag fitted with 2D tip (closed star) or 1M tip. Holding the piping bag perpendicular to cupcake, start piping around the outside, working in toward the middle to create a spiral that resembles a rose. Repeat with remaining frosting and cupcakes.
- Garnish with Easter sprinkles if desired.
- A 2D tip can be purchased at baking supply stores. Alternatively, use a large star tip.