They might look like dinner, but these Italian-styled treats are all sweet and delicious. The noodles are made from piped frosting and the meatballs are hazelnut chocolate balls topped with strawberry preserves. If you’re looking for a dessert that's unique treat, these might just fit the bill.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners in each cup. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans. Bake until cupcakes are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 21 to 23 minutes. Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Tint the vanilla frosting with the cocoa powder and yellow food colouring. Spread a thin layer of tinted frosting on top of the cupcakes. Arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter, touching.
- Spoon the remaining tinted frosting into a ziplock bag. Snip a small corner from the bag (1/8 inch). Now have fun piping the frosting all over the cupcakes to make the noodles. Make sure to pile it high and have some of the frosting hang over the edges of the cupcakes.
- Toss the hazelnut chocolates with the strawberry preserves in a medium bowl to coat. Spoon some of the preserves on top of each cupcake. Place a hazelnut chocolate on top of each cupcake. Top cupcakes with the remaining strawberry preserves.
- Sprinkle the grated white chocolate over the cupcakes.