Keep the festivities afloat with a school of frosted fish, made with vanilla cupcakes, fruit chews, pretzels and chocolate candies. These amazing cupcakes were developed by our friends at Hello, Cupcake!
- For the fins, microwave several fruit chews for no more than 3 seconds to soften. Roll out a candy to make a 2" circle about ⅛" thick. Repeat with the remaining candies.
- Cut the flattened candies into fin shapes using scissors, score the tops with the back of a knife to make the ridges; set aside.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp. vanilla frosting into a freezer bag. Press out the excess air and seal the bag. Tint the remaining vanilla frosting neon green with the yellow and a few drops of the green food colouring.
- Spread some of the neon green frosting on top of a cupcake and make smooth. Starting at one edge, arrange the candy-coated chocolates as the scales, overlapping slightly, about 4 to 5 rows. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes and candies.
- Press a pretzel stick on an angle at “tail” edge of the cupcake allowing it to hang over by ¾". Insert a candy fin into the frosting; the pretzel stick is to be used as support for the tail. Add the remaining fins.
- Press the heart décor on the opposite side of cupcake as the lips. Snip a small corner from the bag with the vanilla frosting. Pipe a dot of vanilla frosting for the eye and add a brown candy as the pupil. Add the “O” cereal to a serving platter as the bubbles.