These festive cupcakes are perfect for a St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180°C). Line 24 muffin cups with green, shamrock or St. Patrick’s Day–inspired paper liners.
- Using electric mixer, in large bowl, beat together cake mix, baking powder, instant pudding mix, eggs, yogurt, applesauce, oat milk, vanilla and salt until well combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling about three-quarters full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until tester comes out clean when inserted into centre of cupcakes. Let cool completely on rack.
- Frosting: Beat butter until light and fluffy. With mixer on low speed, beat in icing sugar, cream, vanilla and mint until blended and smooth (if needed, add 1 to 2 tbsp/15 to 30 mL more cream). Increase speed to high; beat for 1 to 2 minutes or until frosting is light and fluffy. Beat in food colouring.
- Transfer frosting to piping bag fitted with star tip; pipe frosting over cupcakes. Press gold chocolate coins into frosting; sprinkle with coloured sprinkles.
Alternatively, use Duncan Hines Fluffy White Frosting -- flavour with mint extract and colour with green food colouring for easy preparation.