With pretty in pink strawberry cream filling, these tasty cupcake sandwiches make a sweet treat for any occasion.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Whisk cake mix with water, vegetable oil, eggs and baking powder until well combined.
- Spoon 1 tsp (5 mL) rounds of batter onto 2 paper-lined baking sheets coated with cooking spray to make 24 rounds.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly golden and cake tester comes out clean when inserted into center of cakes; cool completely.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, jam and icing sugar with electric mixers until light and creamy. Add whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in chopped strawberries and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Sandwich 2 tbsp (28 g) strawberry cream between 2 mini cakes. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve for up to 6 hours.
- Tip: Dust with ice sugar if desired before serving.