Treat your boys and ghouls to these French Vanilla cupcakes with Orange flavoring, guaranteed to make Halloween night a hit.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (325° F for dark or coated pans). Grease muffin tins or line with baking cups.
- Blend dry mix, water, cranberry juice, oil, eggs and orange zest in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in cranberries with a spatula by hand. Pour batter in pans and bake immediately. Bake 18-21 minutes. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. COOL in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes; Cool completely before frosting.
- Place ¼ cup Duncan Hines vanilla frosting in a small bowl. Add 6 drops yellow food colouring and mix with spatula until completely and evenly distributed.
- Add 5 drops yellow food colouring and 1 drop red food colouring to remaining vanilla frosting and mix until completely blended and orange in color.
- Frost the cupcakes with the orange frosting and using a sandwich bag with a ¼” hole cut in the corner, pipe the yellow frosting on each one to create jack-o-lantern faces.