Top french vanilla cupcakes with pie filling for a combination unlike any other.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place 24 paper liners in muffin pan(s).
- Combine cake mix with water, oil and eggs in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pan(s).
- Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut a shallow circle from the top of each cupcake, leaving a 1/4-inch border around the cake. (This border is the pie crusts.)
- Fill circles evenly with your choice of pie filling.
- Pipe frosting across fruit to form a lattice and around the edges to form crust. We used a Wilton 44 piping tip.