These cupcakes baked with apple pie filling, and iced with cinnamon roll frosting taste like an apple pie, without the crust.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 24 paper liners in muffin pan(s).
- Combine cake mix, water, oil, eggs and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed 2 minutes. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pan(s). Top each cupcake with 1 to 2 slices apples.
- Bake 18 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely.
- Blend frosting with brown sugar, vanilla and remaining ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Spread frosting on cupcakes. Dust frosted cupcakes lightly with additional cinnamon if desired.
- Tip: For Cinnamon Apple Pecan Cupcakes, stir ½ cup toasted chopped pecans into the batter.