Who could resist these pups? Try out a fun cupcake recipe that’s easy for little hands to help with. This recipe is from our friends at Hello, Cupcake!
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the vanilla frosting into a ziplock bag. Press out the excess air and seal the bag. Tint the remaining vanilla frosting light grey with the black food colouring.
- Cut a 1/4 inch slice, crosswise, from the end of a marshmallow. Cut the slice in half crosswise. (this will be the ears) Trim a 1/4 inch from one edge of the remaining piece of marshmallow. (this will be the muzzle). Repeat with the remaining marshmallows.
- Cut the fruit chews in quarters. Form 1 piece into a tear drop shape for the tongue. Press a knife onto the center of it, lengthwise, to create a crease, and pinch one end. Repeat with the remaining pieces.
- Spread a thin layer of the light grey frosting on top of a cupcake and make smooth. Place the marshmallow muzzle on the cupcake, straight side closest to the edge. Arrange the 2 smaller marshmallow pieces, straight edge into the frosting, near the opposite edge as the ears. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes.
- Spoon the remaining light grey frosting into a ziplock bag. Press out the excess air and seal the bag. Snip small corners from the bags with the frostings. Pipe several overlapping rows of the frostings to cover the marshmallow muzzle.
- Starting from the top of the cupcake repeat piping with overlapping rows of frostings to cover the marshmallow ears. Pipe small spikes of frosting at the top of the cupcake.
- Pipe 2 small dots of vanilla frosting above the muzzle and add the brown candies for the eyes. Pipe a white highlight on each eye to add sparkle.
- Add the fruit chew tongue under the muzzle. Press the black jellybean crosswise on top of the muzzle for the nose. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes and candies.