Enjoy this fun woodland project from "Hello, Cupcake!"
- To make the beaver tail use a serrated knife and trim ½-inch from either side of one short end of each waffle cookie.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and place a cooling rack on top. Place the chocolate candy melting wafers in a glass measuring bowl. Microwave for 10 seconds, stir, and repeat until the candies are melted and smooth, about 1 minute. Holding the cookie at the small end. Spoon melted chocolate candy over one side of the cookie, covering as much as possible. Use an offset spatula to smooth and remove the excess candy melts and let drip back into the bowl. Transfer the coated cookies to the prepared cookie sheet (see photo). Repeat with the remaining cookies and candy melts. Place in the refrigerator until set, about 5 minutes.
- For the ears and paws, microwave the chocolate chews for no more than 3 seconds on high. Roll out the candies on a clean work surface into a 1/8-inch-thick rectangle. Use scissors and the template to cut out 24 of each shape. Pinch the narrow ends of each chew. For the teeth, cut the mints in half lengthwise.
- Spread the top of a cupcake with some of the chocolate frosting. Attach a brownie bite at one edge of a cupcake as the head. Cover the brownie bite with more chocolate frosting. Starting at the opposite edge from the brownie bite, use a fork to gently pull the frosting away from the centre of the cupcake to make spikes. Continue with overlapping rows, ending at the brownie bite to make the fur.
- Add a black jellybean for the nose and the cut mints for the teeth on the brownie bite end. Add the brown candies for the eyes and pipe a white frosting highlight on each eye. Insert the pinched end of the chocolate chews for the ears, and paws. Press the small end of the candy coated cookie as the tail on the opposite edge of cupcake. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes.