These Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes are easy to make! Duncan Hines Fudge Marble Cake Mix is perfect. For Halloween, enjoy the decadence of chocolate! Autumn means pumpkin pie! And toasted marshmallow? Nostalgia from those camping days.
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Line 2 muffin trays with paper liners.
- Whisk main cake mix, eggs, and 1 cup milk in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Transfer 1 ½ cups of the batter to another mixing bowl.
- To it, add in the 2 tbsp of milk and the cocoa packet from the cake mix.
- Stir until well combined and there are no more lumps of cocoa.
- To the remaining batter in the large mixing bowl, add the pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Stir until well combined.
- Fill each liner 3/4 full. Use cocoa batter on the bottom and top it with the pumpkin batter.
- Bake 20-25 min, rotating halfway, until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cupcakes come out clean.
- Remove from the oven; let cool 10 min before removing cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Top cupcakes with some Marshmallow Fluff and brown with a kitchen torch until a crust has formed or broil for 5 min for a similar effect. Top with a couple of Reese’s Pieces for eyes. Serve Immediately.
- NOTE: You can substitute 1/2 cup canned pumpkin pie filling for the pumpkin purée, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.