In Europe mince pies is popular during special occasion... When I move here in Canada I miss it so much, so I started making my own version. What makes this extra special - I used Duncan Hines French Vanilla Cake mix and store bought mincemeat. I have prepared this last holiday so the colors that I used were red and green that made it so festive that my family and friends enjoyed. Perfection!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, beat the butter, sugar, eggs, baking mix, baking soda and salt.
- Divide dough into two parts to make red and green dough.
- Roll out the red dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Spread the mincemeat thinly onto the dough & repeat.
- Roll the dough to make a log so the two colors spiral inside each other.
- Unwrap the dough log on a lightly floured surface.
- Slice the log into rounds about 1/8 inch thick,
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Best serve warm