Enjoy these Yuletide favourites!
- Combine cake mix, egg yolks, egg and butter with wooden spoon until blended. Wrap dough and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll dough on floured surface to ¼-inch thick. Cut out dough with 2-1/2 inch cookie cutter in desired shape. Using same shape but smaller in diameter (1-inch) cut out the center of half the cookies. This will be the top.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Place 1 tablespoon of fruit in centre of the bottom cookie. Dust the top cookie (with the cut out) with Confectioner’s sugar. Place on top of fruit.
- Baking Tip: For best results, bake one baking sheet at a time. If baking two sheets together, rotate pans halfway through baking.
- *If using apple pie filling, chop apple pieces.