For coffee lovers and chocolate lovers alike, a rich and decadent cookie treat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine water and espresso powder, stir until dissolved; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine brownie mix, egg, oil, cinnamon, and the espresso mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined, scraping sides.
- Stir in chocolate pieces by hand, using a spatula or wooden spoon. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake about 6-8 minutes or until edges are just set. (Centers may appear doughy). Do not overbake. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. If desired place a chocolate candy kiss or a caramel chocolate candy kiss into center of cookie immediately after removing from oven as a garnish.