Moist, chewy cookie with a toasted coconut caramel topping.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make Cookies - Mix together brownie mix, 1 egg, 2 tbsp. of water and softened butter by hand or beat for 1 minute until blended.
- Place heaping tablespoons of batter on lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and allow to cool completely.
- Make Topping - Toast coconut in a 350° F for 3-5 minutes until coconut is lightly browned. Remove from oven and hold.
- In a microwave-safe bowl put caramel pouch, 6 oz. of caramels and 1½ tablespoons of milk. Microwave on high for 1½ minutes and stir. Continue melting caramels in microwave at 10-second intervals until caramels are smooth. Stir in toasted coconut and spread on top of cookies.
- Melt chocolate pieces in microwave-safe bowl for 20 seconds or until melted and smooth. Do not overheat. Drizzle over top of coconut topping. Allow to cool and enjoy.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to get even sized cookies.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper for easy clean up
- Place chocolate chips into a zippered plastic bag, melt chips in microwave for 30 seconds, squeeze to help melt chips, continue on 10-second intervals till chips are all melted. Cut corner of baggie and drizzle chocolate on cookies.