Combine rich chocolate and shredded coconut to make macaroon cookies that are as easy as they are delicious.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine brownie mix and coconut; mix well.
- Mix in the oil, water, eggs, and extract with a wooden spoon until all dry ingredients are moistened (dough will be stiff).
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2-inches apart on prepared cookie sheets; flatten slightly with bottom of a glass.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are set (centres will be slightly soft.) Transfer cookies to wire rack with metal spatula and cool completely.
- Garnish with a dusting of cocoa powder.