Loaded with chocolate chunks and cherries, topped with sweet creamy frosting - these are a chocolate lover's cookie with a sophisticated flair. Easy enough for snack time, elegant enough for entertaining.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray baking sheets with nonstick cooking-spray.
- In a large bowl combine brownie mix, oil, and eggs; stir with a fork until combined. Dough will be stiff. Stir in chocolate chunks and cherries.
- Working with 1 heaping tablespoon of dough at a time, lightly roll dough into balls and place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes or until cracked on the tops and just barely set in the centre. Cool 1 minute on pans. Transfer to wire racks with metal spatula and cool completely. Frost.
- Substitute dried sweetened cranberries or chopped dried apricots for the dried cherries. Substitute chocolate chips for the chocolate chunks. Substitute Duncan Hines Vanilla or Chocolate frosting for the butter cream.