These whimsical cookies are crunchy, chewy, chocolaty and flat out fun for kids of all ages. A special treat for lunchboxes - and a sure-fire hit for parties. These cookies are baked on ungreased baking sheets to prevent them from spreading too thin. Letting the baked cookies cool for 1 minute on the baking sheets before transferring them to wire racks allows them to set and easily lift from the sheets.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine brownie mix, butter, water,and egg; stir with a fork to combine into a stiff dough. Dough will seem dry, but will completely moisten as you stir. (Knead briefly by hand, in the bowl, if preferred.)
- Working with 1 even tablespoon of dough at a time, roll dough into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Cover the remaining dough in-between batches to prevent drying.
- Press candy pieces, points down and flat surfaces up, into the centre of the uncooked cookies. Press four peanut halves, split sides up, into the edge of each cookie to form claws.
- Bake at 350°F for 11 minutes or just until the edges are set. The cookies may appear slightly under cooked, but do not over bake. Cool 1 minute on pans. Transfer to wire racks with a thin metal spatula and cool completely.
- Use any flavor chocolate candy kisses you like, or a mix of flavors.