The best shortbead cookies I have ever made. The recipe was passed down from Christine Clarke, an older friend from England who has since passed away.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Sift together flour soda baking powder.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, mix until just mixed.
- Pat out out dough onto us greased cookie sheet. (10 x14) and roll or pat flat filling full cookies sheet.
- Bake at 275 F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut into bars, return to oven and bake 25-30 minutes until slightly browned.
- Do NOT over bake.