These vampire cookies are so realistic that you'll be afraid they might bite back.
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2. Combine cake mix, butter, egg, red food dye (if desired to make the mouth darker) and vanilla extract in large bowl. Beat at low speed until well blended.
- 3. Place dough on lightly floured surface. Cover with waxed paper. Roll out dough until 1/4-inch thick. (add additional flour to the mixed dough if the dough is too sticky.)
- 4. Cut out cookies with round cookie cutters (about 3” in diameter). Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 5. Bake 10 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- 6. Cut cookies in half to make the two halves of the mouth.
- 7. Add red icing dye to the Duncan Hines Whipped Fluffy White Frosting to get desired colour.
- 8. Spread icing on the top and round sides of the cookie
- 9. Place mini marshmallows on one side of the cookie as teeth. Be sure to cut two marshmallows per cookie into triangles for the fangs.
- 10. Place cookie halves together (icing-side in).
- 11. Enjoy