When I was a kid, Grandma only made one cake, and this is it. Although its not "figure friendly", it is simply delicious and takes only 10 minutes to prepare. You can choose to use 2 less eggs, or not add the glaze, but it really does take away from the flavour. Bake in a bread pan, or muffin tins for best results.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Spray pans with ‘Non-stick Cooking Spray’.
- Dissolve jelly powder in hot water.
- While letting it cool, pour Duncan Hines cake mix into mixer. Add vegetable oil and mix. Mix in the jelly powder. Mix in eggs, one at a time.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake at 350, for approx 1 hour, or until golden on top.
- When you take the cakes out of the oven, make little holes in the top with a tooth pick.
- Mix the Lemon Juice with the Icing Sugar until you get a nice paste. Baste it over the top of the cakes. It should drain down the little holes. Let it cool for a few minutes before removing.