Adding pumpkin to Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Fudge Marble Cake Mix was only the start to my new Halloween dessert tradition. Since my cake looked like a Halloween spider web, I also wrapped some coins in aluminum foil and hid them in the batter so my family could find the prize that the gummy spiders caught in their web.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease sides and bottom of a 9 x 13 inch glass pan with shortening and dust with flour.
- Combine dry mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Measure 1 cup batter into small bowl.
- Add pumpkin puree and spices to the remaining batter in the large bowl and mix well. Pour pumpkin batter in pan and place coins wrapped in aluminum foil in the batter.
- Mix cocoa from small mix packet with the cup of batter in small bowl. Spoon onto batter in pans. Swirl with knife to create a spider web effect and bake immediately for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Once cool, cut into 24 pieces. Microwave Duncan Hines Vanilla Amazing Glazes and pour a little onto each piece. Decorate with gummy spiders.
- Serve and enjoy! Who will get a piece with a prize that a gummy spider caught in their web? Grab your fork and find out!